Win a Pocket Hug and a box of Mulled Wine!
As we approach the first week of #Lockdown2, here at Celtic Marches HQ, we're reflecting on what we've learned so far, in 2020.
1. We will never again take 'popping-to-the-pub-for-a-pint' for granted.
2. Zoom is OK but nothing beats seeing people IRL.
3. We need HUGS!!
It's this last little lesson that has struck us most - from whopping great big lung-squeezing bear hugs to a gentle reflect of touching someone's arm during a conversation, we had no idea just how tactile us human beans are.
After a quick google, we discovered that touch and a sense of closeness can help create a feeling of comfort and well-being. Physical contact can increase our level of neurotransmitters such as dopamine, also known as the “happiness hormone”, and oxytocin, a hormone involved in human bonding.
That explains why, after months of social distancing, some of us are feeling a bit, well, meh! Well 'meh' ain't good enough! So, we have two suggestions to make you feel less 'meh' and more 'yeah!'
1. Learn the Self-Hug dance:
Follow these steps to master the playground favourite:
- Stand up straight, knees slightly bent, feet hip-width apart
- Place your right hand on the top of your left hip/side waist
- Place your left hand on the top of your right hip/side waist
- Start to circle your knees in a clockwise direction
- Simultaneously move your hands up and down your waist
- Start to make smoochy noises....STOP!! STOP!! WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING?? WE WERE JOKING!!!
2. Enter our Pocket Hug and Mulled Wine Giveaway!
🤗 - Follow Celtic Marches Beverages and Abercrombie Cumbes on Facebook, Twitter OR Instagram (see below for links)
🍷 - Like and share the post
🤗 - Tell us in the post comments, who deserves a hug right now
The competition closes at midnight on Tuesday the 17th of November. Entrants must be aged 18 or over and resident in the UK.
*Mug not included - Juliet would never forgive us!
Find us on the socials!
Good luck! (Please stop hugging yourself and go and enter the competition!!).